Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Group Support Volunteer
GoCo Volunteers help our older clients stay independent for longer by connecting them to our community through group social activities. GoCo Group Support volunteers assist clients to participate in social activities including groups in our centres, support on social trips in and out of town, group meal activities, plus much more. Group Support is provided on week days, in business hours.
- Enjoy helping people and have great people skills
- Are sociable in a group setting and like a chat
- Are patient and considerate
- Have spare time and are reliable
- Are available on regular days OR
- Are available for a set period of time OR
- Are happy to be contacted for last minute groups, activities, trips
- Understand and are able to maintain client privacy & confidentiality
- Are willing to undertake other training as required
- Providing assistance to GoCo staff and clients during group activities
- Encourage clients to maintain their independence but helping complete tasks, rather than doing it for them
- Accompanying client groups on trips, luncheons, to assist with access, support and conversation
- Helping to serve food and clean up after group activities
- Contribute ideas and feedback to improve group activities and outcomes for clients
- Companions MUST be willing to undergo a criminal record check
Apply now to become a GoCo Volunteer Driver by completing the VOLUNTEER APPLICATION (fillable form) and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call us to discuss volunteer requirements at your preferred location on 02 6740 2240.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: