Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Tamworth Regional Gallery Volunteer
Gallery volunteers will:
- Greet and welcome visitors to the gallery/museum/exhibition, providing an information and security role
- Provide information to visitors about the exhibition, it’s social history, and/or artists and artworks
- Record statistical information on the provided templates
- Ensure visitors feel welcome, engaged and enjoy their visit
- Tuesday - Friday 10am - 1.30pm or 1.30pm - 5pm
- Saturday & Sunday 10am - 1pm or 1pm - 4pm
- Excellent communication skills, and enjoyment of sharing information with visitors to the gallery and museums
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Confident and polite
- Research skills, eg. through the library, catalogues or the internet as preparation for enquiries
- Volunteers may have a special interest in art, history or culture or enthusiasm for the visual arts, heritage of our region.
- Well organised
- Ability to engage positively with visitors to the Gallery & Museums.
- Opportunity to develop skills in guiding and communicating with groups through a training program
- Able to enjoy a range of art and museum exhibitions and programs
- Opportunity to meet other people interested in art, history and museums
- Be a valuable member of the Gallery & Museums team
- Contribute to cultural development in the community
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: